When I Grow Up
This is a reprint from 11 December 2012.
As 2019 begins, I thought some of its ideas had merit for exploring new behaviours.
“When I grow up I want to be a little boy.” Joseph Heller, Something Happened
We should all work toward that theme. I can’t speak for the girls, but there may be a similar thought for them.
- Be curious.
- Find pleasure in new things.
- Retreat to the familiar when stressed.
- Express your feelings.
- Forgive quickly.
- Eat until you are full.
- Sleep when you are tired.
- Enjoy your friends and family.
- Get excited.
- Focus focus focus.
- Do what you like because you like it.
- Everyone can be my friend.
I wonder when we learn a new method. Probably a better question is why do we learn a new method.